2024 GMC Hummer EV SUV Debut: New Tactical Tech
GMC’s Electric Supertruck lineup expands with the addition of the 2024 Hummer EV SUV, loaded with smart, purposeful technology.
“GMC’s HUMMER EV SUV offers an exceptional balance of on-road performance and off-road capability, enhanced by a unique structure that allows for our signature open-air experience,” said Al Oppenheiser, HUMMER EV chief engineer. “New features debuting on the SUV reinforce its role as a tactical tool in almost any situation.”
New technology for the 2024 Hummer include Trail Mapping available on the redesigned myGMC app*, and a new available Power Station Generator** that allows customers to utilize up to 3 kilowatts of power from the vehicle.
- Interdependent body/battery structure that supports a unique, double-stacked battery pack
- An available three-motor Ultium Drive system that delivers up to 830 horsepower and up to 11,500 lb-ft of torque — enough power for super-fast 0-60-mph sprints in approximately 3.5 seconds with available Watts To Freedom5 (based on GM estimates)
- New satellite-rendered trail mapping power allows drivers to discover and navigate off-road trails, while monitoring their vehicle’s energy consumption in real time, with community-based energy forecast through their myGMC app*
- New available Power Station generator** that enables 19.2kW AC charging, generator functionality (120v/25A/3kW) and ability to charge other EVs (240v/25A/6kW)
- Great degree of customization via buttons on the center stack, and nearly 200 accessories will be available for HUMMER EV
Master of Maneuverability
The HUMMER EV SUV offers nearly 9-inches less wheelbase than the HUMMER EV Pickup, giving it expected best-in-class off-road proportions, with greater departure and breakover angles and a tighter turning circle of only 35.4 feet .
The HUMMER EV SUV is driven by General Motors’ Ultium Platform and launches with the exclusive Edition 1 package, available with or without the Extreme Off-Road Package, for greater customer choice in tailoring the vehicle for maximum driving efficiency or maximum off-road capability.
Without the constraints of a conventional propulsion system and traditional drive axles, tremendous power and control is available to each wheel. In fact, the Ultium drive system can channel power to a single wheel, keeping the vehicle moving in some of the toughest driving conditions and terrain — including 13 inches of suspension travel, climbing 60 percent grades (forward and reverse), scaling 18-inch verticals and fording water more than 2 feet deep.
Standard features on 2X, 3X and Edition 1 models include 4 Wheel Steer with CrabWalk, which allows diagonal-drive functionality, as well as Adaptive Air Suspension with Extract Mode and 22-inch wheels with 35-inch-OD Goodyear all-terrain tires. Standard on 3X and Edition 1 is e4WD with torque vectoring.
The available Extreme Off-Road Package adds:
- Unique 18-inch wheels and 35-inch-OD Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT tires
- Underbody armor and rock sliders
- UltraVision with underbody cameras7 (front- and rear-facing with wash system)
- Front eLocker and rear virtual lockers
- Heavy-duty ball-spline half shafts
*App functionality and features vary with vehicle equipment and trim level. Data connection may be required. Some features require active service plan and working electrical system.
**Available on 2024 model year SUV Edition 1, EV3X and EV2X, and late availability beginning 2024 model year EV3X and EV2X Pickup. Requires additional accessory equipment. See dealer and Owner’s Manual for more details.